There are many situations when in order to test an inbound ABAP proxy message we want to do it from the SPROXY transaction without building a complete scenario in SAP PO (attention new name : SAP PRO) nor we want to use any other tool for testing the message (SOAP UI, web Service Navigator, etc.). There main issue however is that the inbound proxy message tested from transaction SPROXY will not be visible in ABAP proxy monitoring transaction (SXMB_MONI) neither will it be shown in Error and Conflict Handler mointoring transaction (ECH_MONI_SEL) in case of any error. Fortunately as of Netweaver 7.31 on which the backend system can be installed we have a new possibility of testing those kinf of messages directly from transaction SPROXY. The new feature is called. Config less shortcut and you will see it once you run a test of an inbound proxy message from transaction SPROXY as shown in the Figure below.
How does it work?
Basically it simplifies the local use of the provider service so it’s no longer required to create an endpoint nor a logical port for local communication as a generic endpoint for all provider services is generated during the intial customizing (SRT_ADMIN) of WS runtime.
What does it do?
1. With this new feature you will be able to monitor test cases initiated from SPROXY as shown in the Figure below:
2. In case of an error (we assume that the inbound proxy is correctly developed so it’s utilising ECH/FEH frameworks) you will be able to see the errors directly from the transaction ECH_MONI_SEL.
3. It also simplifes a lot the use of calling local WS runtime directly from ABAP – please have a look at the article’s reference for examples
4. Other use cases: This new feature can also be used with other frameworks which are utilising proxy messages tested from SPROXY like for example Application and Interface Framework (AIF) testing of ABAP proxy messages.
- Configuration-less Shortcut and Generic Consumer Proxy ” ABAP Connectivity ” SCN Wiki
- SOA monitoring – my book on monitoring proxy messages
Michał Krawczyk – SAP integration consultant since 2004. He has been recognized by SAP included becoming an SAP Mentor in 2007 and winning the top contributor/topic leader award from SDN (SAP Developer Network portal) in SAP PO/PI eight times. Michal is the author many SAP integration related books.